Are you looking for a new pricing & estimating role? Have you got previous experience in Sales and or Commercial arenas? If so, imagine working for a leading European packaging company who “make it happen” in the Food Service packaging sector. This role is based at our Wisbech site.
The successful candidate will manage all Boards estimating and tender management; supporting external sales to win new business while at the same time ensuring that we maximise our margin opportunity to ensure we meet the business profitability targets. The Pricing & Estimating Manager will implement all Commercial initiatives provided by the Commercial Manager, to whom the role will report in to.
Please read below for the main duties and key responsibilities for the role.
- Supporting the Sales Team to win new business through the tender process to delivery sales in line with budget expectations
- Manage the Estimating and Commercial Analyst functions to ensure EBITDA objectives are achieved
- Working as part of the wider Board Management Team to ensure that targets and objectives are met
- Liaise, and communicate fully, at all times with the Commercial Manager and relevant personnel within the departmental framework
- Responsible for analysis of a wide range of data to support the business objectives; also, supporting the wider business by developing systems and models that help improve business processes
- Ensure margin retention / improvement linked to materials cost movement. Tracking benefits as material prices fall and driving price increase initiatives when material prices rise
- Manage the Material price database ensuring all material increases are communicated to the Commercial Team and safeguard the Estimating System to protect margin
- Manage the Board Estimating function by meeting the requirements of the sales force by accurately estimating quotes and tenders. Support the sales function in a timely fashion
- Responding to RFI and RFQ requests relating Customer Tenders
- Managing cross site and division tenders as required
- Manage the Customer Rates database ensuring that the correct rates and Rebates are being applied by the Estimating Team in the business at all times
- Ensure that the estimating system standards are maintained in regard to, machine limits, run speeds, waste levels and general pricing rates
- Maximise our margin opportunity to ensure we meet site profitability targets
- Constantly review of estimating standards and commercial parameters to achieve target profitability through; Contribution
- Material price increases and recovery
- Order volume and frequency versus original tender price
- Work with the site Management Team to drive and deliver overall business growth and productivity in line with budget targets
- Using our Commercial Excellence approach implement a market sector approach to improve our margin and add to our profitability
- Prioritise work to meet fluctuations in work load demands ensuring all deadlines are achieved
- Review and improve existing department methods of operation
- Communicate clearly across all areas of the business regarding commercial profitability
- Drive continuous improvement across the team to deliver year on year improvements in productivity and profitability
- Respond to the needs of an expanding business. Reviewing and setting appropriate targets; developing employee skills and business processes to maximise output
- Personal development of self and team to maximise their own potential in and for the Coveris business
If you are ready for this exciting career move and want to discuss further, please apply and a member of the recruitment team will be in contact.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.