We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Coordinator to join our team at our St Neots site. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate looking to develop their career and join a progressive business.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- The co-ordination, maintenance and administration of Health and Safety documentation.
- Carry out Risk Assessments and give guidance to others on the completion of Risk Assessments.
- Development and production of Safe Systems of Work.
- Understanding and advising on current H&S legislation, guidance, and best practise.
- Maintain and manage divisional corporate compliance safety requirements.
- Assist Site and Departmental Managers in audits.
- Help drive and maintain the continual improvement of employee health, safety, and welfare as well as environmental management through communication, promotion and development.
- Assist Management with responsibility for Safety matters in the safety administration of their responsibilities.
- To provide the necessary support for the Division, for liaison with clients, authorities, subcontractors and other relevant third parties on Safety issues.
- To provide support in investigations of incidents/accidents and other breaches compliance.
- To maintain, monitor and publish safety statistics for the Division.
- Delivering appropriate internal health, safety, and environmental training.
- Have an interest and understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements and issues in the workplace.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, have a good knowledge of Excel.
- Have strong organisational, grammar and communication skills at all levels.
- Be able to work in a confidential manner.
- Be detailed, thorough, and accurate.
- Be able to prioritise and manage your own workload and tasks.
- Be pleasant, professional, and proficient.
- Be able to deliver training in a confident and proficient manner.
- Organised and calm under pressure.
- Friendly, approachable, and flexible – a team player.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude.
- Travel will be required throughout the UK therefore current and preferably clean driving licence is desired.
- This is a multi-site role and overnight stays may be required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please forward your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.